Discover Kangaroo Island
On Kangaroo Island strangers wave to each other as they drive past. There are no traffic lights. Kangaroos outnumber humans and wallabies outnumber kangaroos. It's nicknamed 'a zoo with no fences' for a reason and the quickest way to strike a conversation with a farmer is to ask if they've had any rain?
Locals share their passion for what they do and why they do it – whether it’s family farming, making food and wine, volunteer work for the environment or creating art that's inspired by the surroundings. Its unique, beautiful and natural.
World famous for it's wilderness, abundant wildlife and ocean scenery - yet we find many visitors are seeking a place just to switch off & unwind. They want to get back in touch with nature, relax and eat healthy foods. Kangaroo Island is an antidote for stress and busyness so please, discover the Island for yourself.
When planning your holiday to KI, it's highly recommended you take the time to visit the following websites;
eatdrinkki.com.au - here you'll find information about all the wonderful producers, where they're located and when you can visit. There's also an up-to-date interactive map which you can you use to plan your journey.
tourkangarooisland.com.au - here you'll find further information about attractions, upcoming events, experiences, tour operators, arts, culture & history.
Popular Scenic Destinations
- Stokes Bay (Spectacular hidden beach, a great mini-adventure walk)
- Cape du Couedic Light station (Remarkable rocks, Admirals arch & a lighthouse heritage walk)
- Vivonne Bay (Beachcombing, rockpools, jetty, beautiful clear waters)
- Seal Bay (Hundreds of seals in their native habitat - simply wonderful)
- Raptor Domain (Wildlife sanctuary where you can freely interact with animals and take loads of photos)
Popular Food & Wine Destinations
- KIS (Kangaroo Island Spirits) - Enjoy a gin with light refreshments in an eclectic outdoor setting
- KIB (Kangaroo Island Brewery) - Wood oven pizza, live music, locally brewed beers with tastings available
- The Islander Estate - Vineyard with cellar door and wine tastings. Food van also available
- Amadio Wines - Italian style restaurant and cellar door in Kingscote
- Dudley Wines - Cliff top cellar door offering wine tastings and magnificent views
Other Things to See & Do
- Emu Ridge Eucalyptus - Eucalyptus distillery
- Flavours of Petite Provence - Mixed organic farming dedicated to permaculture. Includes a farm gate shop
- Oyster Farm Shop - Located in American River, fresh local oysters and seafood
- Island Beehive - Visitor centre where you can taste honey and learn about the Ligurian honey
- Kelly Hill Caves
- Penneshaw Markets - 1st Sunday of every month (from Oct to April)